Job Role: Level1, Level2 & Level3 (System, Server & Network)
Work Environment: Break-Fix / Managed Deployment Projects
Level1 – A+ with 5+ years Desktop Support Experience
Level2 – MCSE with 5+ years Desktop and Server related experience
Level3 – MCSE + CCNA/CCNP with 8+ years Desktop, Server & Network related experience
Roles & Responsibility:
Level 1 Support:
- Provide support and preventive maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment, which includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 7, 8.x, 10 and Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016 and any other common desktop applications
- Install, upgrade and offer basic support for printers, scanners computer hardware and any other common peripheral equipment
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Ensure PCs interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot any problems on Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 or Desktop environment.
- Install hot fixes or patches for Windows Server OS.
- Run diagnostics and try to increase Server performance with system utilities.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Troubleshoot and resolve any basic network connectivity (LAN/WAN) to Desktop or Windows Servers.
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime
Level 3 Support:
- Install, configure and maintain Servers or Routing/Switching equipment or Workstation PCs. Resolve end-user problems encountered related with hardware/software.
- Conduct Performance tuning and preventive maintenance activities to minimize downtime for related IT systems.
- Possess adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software required to provide a high level of support
- Responsible for several core technologies such as VMware, Windows Server, Cisco Routing and Switching, Firewalls
- Technical experience with Exchange, Hyper-V, SQL, Office 365, Citrix XenApp / NetScaler, VMWare vCentre, Managed Antivirus or Backup technologies.
- Work with other IT team members regarding new branch builds and upgrades