CCIE/CCNP/CCNA AND Wireless Certifications OR having equivalent skill, knowledge, experience as certification is preferred; and who has performed wireless site survey using tool like “Air-Magnet Wi-Fi Analyzer/ Ekahau Planner X 8.2.0 “.
- 1 CCIE OR Senior Equivalent Experienced Engineer
- 6-8+ years of experiences in Wireless Networking.
- Communication skills: English
Below are the Roles & Responsibility:
- An individual who can perform the Wireless Site Survey for Data and Voice across all the buildings and floors. Provide recommendation on Access-point placement map, Signal-to-noise ratio map, any potential interference map.
- Experience working on Wireless Tools like Cisco Prime, Air Magnet, worked on RF Design.
- Review requirements for the wireless LAN RF design, including required signal strength, signal to noise ratio (SNR) design levels, data rates, throughput, availability and capacity.
- Perform onsite verification.
- Inspect, measure and document the physical plan and wireless network
- Identify facility structures and communication devices that might interfere with radio signals or placement of wireless transmitters and access points.
- Scan for significant wireless LAN networks or major sources of non-802.11 interference
- Test propagation characteristics, coverage area, and signal quality
Tools Required for the Wireless Assignment:
- Air-Magnet / Ekahau Planner X 8.2.0
Hardware required during the survey:
- Laptop with pre-installed recommended software
- RF Spectrum Analyzer 2.4GHz & 5GHz (Compatibility of Hardware with Wireless survey tool to be confirmed by Surveyor)
- WAPAP 3702 I/E and 2602I/E with power adapter and 3-5 meter Cat 5/6 cable.
- Camera to capture pictures to use those pics as reference while creating the survey report
- Tripod Stand for Wireless Access Points (if available at client site)
- Internet Dongle